- 45-pint capacity
- Energy Star Rated
- My Home Mode: different settings for living spaces, bedrooms and basements
- Continuous drainage
- Washable filter
- Tank and filter indicator lights
- Easy roll casters
- TDA45E has three settings for bedrooms, living rooms and basements which allow you to automatically set the desired humidity levels
- In addition, the digital humidistat makes it possible to set custom humidity levels
- The full tank and dirty filter warning lights make the dehumidifier very easy to use and maintain
- The washable and reusable filter is another added convenience
- The continuous drainage allows uninterrupted operation when connected to a floor drain
- It is really compact and can be moved easily from one space to another
- The low and mid settings are quiet, but we found the high setting to be louder than we expected; however, if you only use the high setting in spaces like basements, it wouldn’t be much of a nuisance
- The caster wheels are not very high quality and can be prone to problems
- The lack of a bucket handle is a big shortcoming which makes it very awkward to carry and empty the bucket (which fills in quite fast)
- Some users complain about the tank leaking (which is not something we have observed, but wanted to add it as a fair warning)
- In terms of durability, there are quite a few users who complain that their unit stopped working after 1.5 to 2 years. Since the unit is covered by a 1 year warranty (except for the compressor which is covered by a 5 year warranty), breaking after 1.5 years means having to replace the machine with a new one. To be perfectly honest though, most of the models on the market today last only a few years, so we’re not inclined to say that Soleus is much worse than others in this regard.
Soleus TDA45E Energy Star Rated 45-Pint Air Dehumidifier does what it’s supposed to do, and is equipped with a few nice touches like easy to read warning lights, separate settings for different spaces, etc. But it also has quite a few shortcomings as you can see in our rather long cons list, and hence raises questions regarding the long term usability and performance of the machine.
All things considered, we would not recommend this model. Although it does a decent job removing moisture from your living spaces, we believe there are much better models currently available for similar or even lower prices including , Danby DDR50B3WP or Frigidaire FFAD5033R1.